Top 10 things we did with your dues dollars in 2023.
And we'll keep working hard — for you — in 2024!
2. Advocacy for removing CPA Candidate written write-up requirement
Another accomplishment through our partnership with Board of Accountancy (BOA), further streamlining the path to licensure and supporting the pipeline.
3. Rule changes benefiting the profession
We've been helping BOA and the Laws and Rules Committee (pictured Ray Johnson, Chair) with the heavy lift of significant rules revisions, ensuring that exam entry and the profession's licensing process is nimble and ready to face the future. And we're not done yet.
5. Relationships, relationships, relationships
We continue to build internal and external relationships with the IRS, the Oregon Tax Court, the Oregon Department of Revenue, City of Portland, OAIA, and AICPA, among others, keeping your professional concerns at the forefront.
And we continue our relationship building with Oregon colleges and universities, encouraging the next generation to enter the Oregon accounting profession.
7. Oregon CPAs go to Washington DC
• We went to our nation's capital to discuss the SAFE Act; fiscal state of the nation resolution; accounting STEM legislation; Section 174, research and development cost capitalization repeal, and expanding the use of 529 plans to allow funds to be used for the CPA Exam and initial licensure.
• We connected with congressional offices on key topics throughout the year.
• We are and will continue working with AICPA and CPA societies to request an extension plus implementation delay to the Corporate Transparency Act.
8. Protecting your license
188bet手机版备用 volunteers reviewed 199 tax and 27 non-tax bills in the 2023 session, not to mention many had multiple versions. Your peers are tirelessly watching for legislation that could affect you, your livelihood, and your clients and businesses. And we're about to start up again in the 2024 session.
9. Late-breaking professional development
We jumped on late-breaking developments throughout the year to get you the knowledge you need, whether it was PTE-E, Corporate Transparency Act, ChatGPT for tax research, or other hot topics.
10. Free members-only 188bet金宝搏
We know that knowledge helps you keep your edge. This year we offered free 188bet金宝搏 on ESG, Form 990, ASC 842, the path to CFO, using tech to streamline workflows, SAS risk assessment, peer review, mental health, and more.